Monday, June 6, 2016

Somehow I Manage...... and #sick

Hello family and friends J
Well to say the least, this was quite the week.  I’ve expressed it before and I’ll say it again, I hate changes hahaha, I just don’t do well with them, so this week was pretty rough.  I got pretty stressed with the new companion and that just isn’t a good thing.  But we still had a productive week and somehow I managed to have fun J Here’s a little bit of what went down in the most tranquillo city on the planet….(Kenna and Ellie…. If you don’t get the somehow I manage reference, I’m not coming home haha)
So Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I took Elder Baerwaldt around to meet all the members that live in Talavera.  They all seemed to like him which makes it nice and super easy.  He misses his old area and companion a lot which is understandable, but it definitely didn’t help with my stress level hahaha.  We met up with Pedro 2 times this week and he is coming along slowly but surely.  You know what they say that slow but steady wins the race, well that’s Pedro.  I don’t really know what else to say about him, he always gives us a ton of food when we visit him so we basically have a 3 year supply of food storage in case anything ever happens.  So that’s a good thing I guess!! We’ll be eating a lot of noodles, rice and crackers in case of an emergency haha!
My comp is different, but in a good way.  He is really excited about the work and has so much energy and love for the people and it’s been rubbing off on me!  I’m thankful for him and his energy, he is a great example to me of a dedicated worker.  We both support each other in special ways that I haven’t noticed before in other companions.  My testimony this week of companionships has been strengthened a lot.  When I get stressed, I think about it, I’m the one in the wrong.  So, I ask him for forgiveness and repent and we are buddies all over again.  The mission is totally preparing me for marriage hahaha and I’m so glad that I’ll be able to pick my companion when that time comes!
Well Thursday and Friday were extremely uneventful, we had weekly planning and then I started to feel sick Thursday afternoon, so I lay down and slept for about 6 hours and then woke up and felt worse.  Friday rolled around and I ended up in bed all day long until 8 that night when we had our weekly Noche de Hogar.  Just imagine everything that can go wrong in the human body and then apply that to me.  That’s what I had this week.  It was the worst.  I don’t want to get into details because it probably doesn’t really matter to all of you what wasn’t working in my body J but I woke up on Saturday morning with a nasty fever…. I was sitting in bed, sweating, but I was cold.  And then I would get hot so I turned the fan on full blast and then I got freezing cold!  I couldn’t figure out what was wrong so I just said a prayer and asked for some strength to get out of the Piso and walk around.  So we went to sports on Saturday morning and I just sat under a palm tree with all the moms and ladies that come to watch because I had absolutely no energy.  It was kinda sad.
The rest of Saturday, I still felt like crap but I was sick of being in the Piso so we went out to eat with one of our English class friends, Raquel.  She’s the best!  And then we ended up spending the rest of the day helping our Branch Mission Leader fix a ton of furniture in his house and help him with his computer.  His wife Taty, or my Dominican mother, officially taught me how to make Morir Sonado J Needless to say I’m a pro now.  That’s probably the greatest part about the mission in Spain, you get to experience so many different Spanish and Latin cultures with just being in one country!  On Sunday, I was feeling quite a bit better and we had some Stake Conference broadcast thing directly from Salt Lake City but specifically for the Europe West Area of the world.  I loved when Elder Christofferson talked about his favorite attribute of Christ, pure love.  I feel like that’s something that I need to work on more, whether it be with my companion, circumstances, or the stingy Spanish people who want nothing to do with the missionaries here.  So that’s what I’ll be focusing on this week J
It was a bit of a humbling week for me, I realized that it’s not all about me and maybe I was stressing myself out a little bit too much.  Although it was much needed rest, I would rather have been out working!  Today for P-Day , we went bowling with our friend Raquel again J It was super fun just to have a little break and work on my game…Yes, I’ve still got it when it comes to bowling as well L) I am extremely grateful for my health, companion, and this opportunity to serve for 2 years.  I love you all!  Congrats to all the seniors who just graduated J I can’t believe how fast time is flying out here.  I will talk to you all soon! Have a fantastic week and stay healthy and I’ll try to do the same J

Con Amor,
€lder $mith

No comments:

Post a Comment