Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Life In Madrid

Aloha :))

It has been a great week! I'm loving Madrid more and more each day.
The Spain Madrid mission is the greatest in the whole world and I can
honestly say I am loving every single second of my time out here :) we
went to the temple today and I was sooooooo tired the whole session
haha. I actually fell asleep in the celestial room and woke up and I
was the only one left in there! It was some much needed Spanish
celestial sleep ;) here's my week in a nutshell!

Well we had a few lessons this week with some of our friends but
nothing really super extraordinary to point out. We are actually
headed to go visit Alexander tonight so that should be fun! We have a
lot more less actives and recent converts which we work with and I
absolutely love it. They are the gold mine! They already know the
doctrine, so it's just a matter of being their friend and helping them
come back to church. Our friend Raul and his wife Nancy who are less
actives/recent converts and also struggling with their marriage a bit
both came to all 3 hours of church on Sunday! And they went to a
marriage counseling class too so I'm really happy for them! The work
progresses a little every day so it's fun to watch things grow :)

We have had at least 1 eating appointment every day for the last like
10 days and it is so yawesome. Half of the missionaries in B3 are new
and we have been welcomed in like kings and queens! We have English
classes 2 times a week and on Fridays we have a Noche de Hogar with
the ward and then a huge Zumba activity taught by one of the other
elders here, Elder Malolo! He's an AZ State Linebacker commit and we
get along so well haha. He's like my long lost brother :) there are
always lots of fun things going on around here. We are planning a
Minute to Win it activity in a couple of weeks so I'll let you all
know how that goes too :)

I honestly don't know what else to say... We helped a lady move all
day Saturday and on Sunday she had us over to eat and after the meal,
we all fell asleep on her couch haha. We were just beat from the day
before and all the heat. There is also a lady here named Abuelita who
feeds us every Saturday and she is probably the nicest old lady in the
planet! She converted over 50 years ago and she had President Ezra
Taft Benson over to her house in Bolivia and she made him a milk
shake! HAHA! Then she made us the same one and it was pretty tasty if
I do say so myself ;) there's just lots of little things that go on
around here that I want to say but feel like it would bore all who are
reading this. Oh well I guess haha :) last thing... Last night we ate
with another family (surprise surprise) and they made us the biggest
plate of ribs I have ever seen in my life. And they tasted
sooooooooooooooooo good. I just really love everything about Spain :)

That's all I can remember for this week, I'll be emailing again in
about 5 days or so! Today after the temple we had a Zone Basketball
tournament and our team got wrecked but we still had fun :) currently
we are hanging out with some members by their pool (so tempting to
freaking cannon ball right now) and playing cards and ping pong, just
trying to beat the heat :) I love you all and hope you have a
wonderful week. Happy late Pioneer Day for all you Utah people and
I'll talk to you soon!!

Con Amor,
Elder Brady Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment