Monday, July 3, 2017

Abuela... eres una cabra!!

¡Hello!

Nobody told us but this week the fiestas continued all week long here
in León!! I was asking people when they were going to be over and they
finally finished late last night. Someone told me "why have a party
for a few days when you can have a party for a few weeks?!" Hahaha it
was pretty awesome. But finally things are back to normal and we are
working hard and sweating while doing it :)

We managed to find a couple new investigators this week, but the
coolest ones were a brother and sister from Honduras! They've been
here for 8 months and believe in God but don't have much of a
religious background. They've read the Old Testament a couple times
but never understood what it was saying and so this week we gave them
a copy of the New Testament along with a Book of Mormon and asked them
to read and they said yes! They both agreed that when they came to
know that the message we were sharing was true that they would be
baptized! So now it's just a matter of time :) but that was a cool
experience this week. Keep them in your prayers!

Yesterday we had a noche de hogar with our recent convert Lina and her
mom and brother. We are trying really hard to get them to read in the
Book of Mormon and come to church because if they do they'll feel the
spirit and be more inclined to act on the promptings of the spirit.
Well yesterday we watched "Conozca a los Mormones" with them to give
them a feel for what we were all about and it was a huge success! The
mom absolutely loved it and Diego liked the American football part! So
hopefully that helped them a bit to realize that we are normal people
who have normal lives and jobs and believe in Christ as well :)
they're a great family!! And when I watched the part of the missionary
leaving home I got the chills so hard... pretty sure that was me like
yesterday... what the heck happened to all the time?!

I'm happy, healthy, and loving the remaining time I have as a full
time representative of Jesus Christ. I know this is His church and He
directs the work here on the earth. I am giving it all I can every day
to leave no gas left in the tank, or as dad would say, LEAVE IT ALL
BETWEEN THE LINES! I love you all and I want to thank you for your
support, I'll talk to you more next week!! Oh, and happy birthday to
America mañana 🇺🇸🍉⚾️🎆💙🇺🇸


Con Amor,
Elder Brady Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment