Monday, November 28, 2016

Turkey Week!!! Woooo Hoooo!!


Hola familia :):) 



Well I don't have a ton of time today because we were playing basketball and having the 1st Annual  Spain Madrid Mission  TURKEY BOWL  haha it was so much fun. I have pictures attached at the bottom. But this week was incredibly fun! Kinda slow but things are moving along :) here's the summary!



So, elder Johnson is probably the funniest person next to bryson Gallagher and GHam. I seriously am laughing my butt off 24/7 and he is a really hard worker too. Every night I have to call all the members of our district and do like a check up and then after, I just hand the phone over to elder Johnson and he tells them a joke and all I hear is the people through the other end of the phone laughing their heads off haha! We have been getting along really well and have set our goals and sights high for this transfer. We've got 5 more weeks to make some magic happen here! 



So this week we met up with Nancy's daughter, Violeta! I'm sure you all remember Nancy from Venezuela who left the country last week. Well we talked for a bit with Violeta and she was super cool! She believes a lot in God and really liked the fact that 2 young people would dedicate so much time to serving other people. She has been through a lot of trials in her life and is really open to learning more. So good things will be coming with us and Violeta! And speaking of her mom, Nancy, she called me yesterday! We were eating with some members and the phone rang and when I answered it, I knew immediately who it was! It was so good to hear her voice! I love Nancy so much and she said that she found the missionaries in Venezuela so she is continuing with them :) they are some great people! 



Elena's baptism is this Saturday!! She's so excited for it that it's making me excited too! Her happiness is contagious. For someone that has waited so long for this special day, she is so calm and content. She has taught me a lot just by her example and willingness to follow the Savior. Her son Angel is going to baptize her and it's gonna be the greatest day of all time! Hopefully next week I'll have more to report on the baptism and how it went but for now, keep her in your prayers :) 



With this week being Thanksgiving, I want to give you all a special thanks for the influence you have had in my life. Especially my parents and sisters! The longer I am out, the more I realize how important family is. I would not be here serving or even close to the same person I am today without you 4! I love and miss you guys so much. I am grateful for this Thanksgiving season and all the things my Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love the people I'm serving with my whole heart and I love this country too. I know God sent me here to find my long lost family and friends and bring them closer unto Him. I invite all of you to think about the things you are grateful for and THANK YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER :) all that we have comes from him and isn't it wonderful that we have someone who loves us so much?!?! 



Love you all. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and go play in a turkey bowl for me! And stuff yourselves full of food, of course :) Oh and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me your Christmas cards! There is nothing I love more than a good Christmas card :) talk to you all soon! 



Con Amor,

Elder brady smith 




No comments:

Post a Comment