Monday, December 19, 2016

"YOU'RE NOT SANTA...YOU SMELL LIKE BEEF AND CHEESE!"


Hello Friends and Family!
I hope you are all swell :) we had a nice little week here in B3!! CHRISTMAS IS IN 6 DAYS WHATTTTTTTT IM SOOOO EXCITED!!! I hope you all are too :) here's how the last few days went :)
So we have been giving it 110% in the streets this week, trying to find the people that we know the Lord has prepared for us. One night, we got home a little bit early but I had a strong feeling that we needed to go back out and find someone, even though we were tired and super not excited haha. So we left, and after talking to about 10 people, we finally came upon our new friend Marina :) she was hesitant at first but agreed to give us her number and meet another day. So this week we met up and she was so happy and wants to come on Sunday's with us!! She has a lot of time during the week and wants to meet up a couple times a week. IT WAS A MIRACLE! I was so happy! God answers prayers!!
Last night we went caroling at a residency home for old folks and it was easily the greatest thing I've ever done in my life! I led the music and at the end like all the people were crying tears of joy! Such a great experience :) after we stayed and talked to all the old people and literally every single one of them looked at me and said "MADRE MÍA QUE GUAPO ERES" hahahaha it was so great. I love old people. Singing and service go really well hand in hand and it was an experience I'm never going to forget! We are actually going back this Thursday to visit the people again for one last time before Christmas 😋🎄
Last week in our Christmas conference, president pack showed us a quote from Harold B. Lee that says "You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you." I love this and we can apply it in every aspect of our lives, especially missionary work. Once we start to feel comfortable, we need to push ourselves just a little bit more and then we will start to see miracles. We have tried hard this week to put this quote to the test and have been seeing the results big time. My testimony has been strengthened so much and I know that God has his hand in this work! I just love it out here so much!!
Well, transfers are this Saturday night which also happens to be Christmas Eve! With the amount of time that I have here in B3, there's a high chance that I will be leaving. I'm basically positive I'm leaving haha. So that should make this Christmas a crazy and unforgettable one! I love you all so much, thanks for your letters and Christmas cards, they are the best! I hope you all have a wonderful week leading up to the greatest holiday of all time and for all you missionaries and missionary families, HAPPY SKYPING :) love you all!! MERRY CHRISTmas!!! 🎄🎁🎅🏽
Con Amor,
Elder Brady C. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment