Tuesday, January 10, 2017

We Rolling in Ferrol!

People/Gente :)

Good días/tardes/noches to everyone reading this :) hope you all had a
good first week of the year!! I don't have a ton of time today but
there are some things I'd love to fill all you wonderful people in on
:) here ya go!

This week was really hard as far as lessons and finding new people
goes. We got rejected like left after right, person after person, day
after day. It was hard to keep the ánimo up but we did it! We had a
bunch of people tell us while we were knocking their doors to get out
of their building (cuz no houses here) and to never come back! A
little harsh but I guess that's just part of life. This week i studied
chapter 9 of preach my gospel which is how do I find new people to
teach and I came across a dope scripture in Doctrine and Covenants
27:9 that talks about the "elect". As much as I would love to teach
every person I see in the street, that's just not how it works. It
takes effort to find those who the Lord has prepared and when we find
them, they will be ready and willing to answer the call! So the
finding continues here in Ferrol :)

We had 2 brand new investigators show up to church this week and we
didn't even have to invite them! It was by far the best part of my
week :) At the end of our lessons, they both told us that they were
coming on Sunday and they came through! One of them was a cool
Peruvian guy named Rocky and the other was Antonio, the one that I
talked about last week :) I still am scared to jinx it... but it's
honestly sooooo cool to see what the spirit does to people. It works
in mysterious ways but it's doing good things with these two! Stay
stunned for more with them and keep them in your prayers too por
favor!

We were reading in the Book of Mormon with some people this week in 3
Nefi when the Savior visits the Americas and I highly recommend going
and reading it if you haven't in a while. The whole direction of the
lessons we were having completely changed when we talked about him
talking with the people and declaring that he was the son of God. it
just helped to put it into perspective and our friends really enjoyed
it and felt the spirit. I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon
is the word of God, my testimony was strengthened even more this week
as I read and re-read the words it contains. Especially the part I
just mentioned :) go read it! You won't regret it! It's a sacred book
that will help us through anything we are going through, I promise!
Put it to the test :)

We visited a father and daughter last night from Uruguay in a little
pueblo and the daughter is suffering quite a bit from cancer. She is
receiving radiation therapy and so instantly I started to talk about
my mom and her work and she got so excited! It was a nice little
connection with her :) She asked me to give her a blessing and it was
such a beautiful experience. The priesthood, what an incredible gift
from our Heavenly Father. She was so thankful and I'm certain that
with her faith, she will start to get feeling better now! Please keep
her in your prayers!!

Well, that's all I got for the weekly review :) things in Ferrol are
going awesome, it's hard but I don't think it was ever supposed to be
easy!! So we will keep working hard and hopefully I'll have some good
stuff to report on next week! I love you all, stay safe and happy!
Have a fantastic day!

Con amor,
Elder eeeesssmmeeeeeeffffff

No comments:

Post a Comment