Thursday, February 16, 2017

Que Pasta Mi Valentine?

Fam,

Hola :) the week has been good. Just your typical beginning of transfer blues and changing companions and leading the area again. Nothing too special :) I'm happy! Elder Lowder is an awesome kid and we have been getting along great. He's still a young missionary so we will both be learning a lot from each other! I hope everyone is doing great wherever you are. This week is a bit short because I have no ganas to write. And there is mainly 1 thing I want to tell you all about! 😊

I'd like to focus this email on our friend Robert. He. Is. The. Best. I seriously have never taught anyone cooler in my whole life. I have wondered my whole mission where the people are that God has sent me to teach, and then Robert got in a plane and came right to me, straight from Tucson, Arizona :) that was definitely an answered prayer. I've known him now for 15 days and the changes that the gospel makes in a persons life are incredible. He is a completely changed man! He understands the atonement so well and really wants to change and become a better father, son, brother, and disciple of Christ. He has been shot, stabbed, run over by a car, he was born deaf in one ear, is missing all his toes on one foot, survived cancer, has a seizure disorder called Epilepsy (he had a seizure on Sunday at sacrament meeting), has had 29 major surgeries, and many more things. Robert is simply amazing. He is a fighter. He reminds me a lot of a long lost smith brother haha :) This week as we were teaching him about service, he got teary eyed and expressed gratitude to us for teaching him and making him a better person. I couldn't help but cry because I realized that during these 15 days, he has taught me more than I could have ever imagined or taught him for that matter! As he was reading in the Book of Mormon, Robert came across the verse in 1 Nephi 15 that says "And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would HOLD FAST unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction." Not only does the verse go along perfectly with his "hold fast" tattoo but it really struck him that he "would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower [him]". This week he has his baptismal interview and some extra prayers headed our way would be much appreciated :) He asked me to baptize him on Sunday and I honestly am so excited. It's funny how the Lord works, sending people all the way to the other side of the planet to find what they were looking for :) there will be much more to report on o week so stay tuned! 

The Cuban family is good, they didn't make it to church this week but they are still excited about the 25th of this month :) the mom was worried that the water would be cold in the baptismal font and that they would need to go buy all their own new white clothes haha. So cute! I'm very impressed with the progress they have made, especially with their testimonies and their reading in the Book of Mormon! Every time we go over, they always tell us about what they have been reading and they love it :) 

Next week we will be in Madrid for a few days having a mission tour and going to the temple 😍 my p day will be Tuesday! Just para que sepáis:) so hopefully we can figure out a way to get all the work done in Ferrol and baptismal interviews and stuff! It'll be a party that's for sure :) oh and my title explains this week perfectly. I think we ate some form of pasta like 82937283727462827482 times. I was ready to puke at any given second hahaha. 

Love you all, thanks for the love and support :) have a fantastic week! Oh and happy Valentine's Day tomorrow and HAPPY early BIRTHDAY S/O to Elizabeth Faye on Wednesday!! Stop growing up! You are making me feel old!! Love you sissy ️ 

Con amor,
Elder Smith

Pics
Well, this is the first week in my whole mission (I think) that I haven't had any new pictures! Sorry! Haha but next week I'll make up for it :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment