Monday, October 10, 2016

Super Tasty Baby


Hello Hello all my loved ones :)

Well we managed to stay out of the hospital this week so that's a plus! Haha but really this week was a good one. I'm so happy where I'm at and wouldn't change it for anything in the world! I do have to admit though... missing the World Series kinda stinks :/ but the work moves forward! I don't have a whole ton of time but here's a little bit of what went on this week! 

Our Chinese investigator Dionisio is officially ready for baptism! We have reviewed the baptismal interview questions with him and he's golden. I'm so happy to see how far he has come! Never in a million years did I think we would baptize a Chinese person in Spain but hey, weirder things have happened! I'm just grateful that we have been able to help him this far and we will get him baptized here quick.

We found a new guy this week from the Congo named Darly. I contacted him like 2 weeks ago and when I talked to him, he was wearing head phones and normally I don't like to interrupt people doing their own thing but I felt something pushing me to talk to him. So we had a nice conversation in the street and he has actually been to the wards by the temple before with the missionaries! We met with him this week and my goodness, it's amazing to see how the Lord prepares his people. Darly said that if after reading the Book of Mormon and coming to know that it was true, he would drop everything and come to church and be baptized. This guy is like the same height as elder jones but like 3 times his body size. He's a rugby player and one of the most intimidating people I've ever seen but the spirit did something to him and he listened very closely to our message. We are seriously so excited to continue teaching him and see where things go! 

3 of our other investigators came to church and really enjoyed it. We have found some quality people this last transfer to teach and they are all coming along slowly but surely. We missed the sacrament portion of the meeting yesterday waiting for some investigators to meet us at a metro stop which isn't good but at least they made it and felt the spirit! But I can definitely feel a difference of when I take the sacrament and when I don't. It is a must every week, something so sacred that I love so much! Before my mission I definitely took it for granted but now I have a little bit better understanding of just how important it is. Things are awesome here, I love it so much :)

Sorry it's kinda boring today but it was a normal week :) today for p-day we went to Sol which is basically the best part of Madrid. It's so pretty and historical and I love it. It was elder jones first time too so obviously a must! We ate at TGI Fridays and watched some MLB, NFL, and NBA action!! Holy cow how I miss this time of year for sports, but being on a mission is something I'll never get again :) so I guess sports can wait. Although it was good to get caught up on a little sports, we've got a lot more work to do here in B3!! ðŸ˜ŠðŸ‡ª

I love you all, have an incredible week! Thanks for the prayers and support, i appreciate every single one I promise :) talk to you next week! 

Con Amor,

Elder Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment