Monday, October 24, 2016

work work work work work

Hola tíos:)

I hope everyone had a wonderful week! Ours wasn't too bad :) our
Wednesday temple trips always throw off my weekly writing schedule but
that's okay because I still have some quality stuff to report on
today! So stay tuned and keep reading for more infooooooooooo :))

So our new #1 investigator is definitely Nancy from Venezuela. She's
been to church the last 3 weeks in a row and absolutely loves it
there. I lost track of her yesterday after Gospel Principles class and
went to look for her and she was already in relief society, sitting
down, chatting with the other ladies and ready for class to start.
Haha I was like "we'll see you after in the hallway nancy!" And she
was like "ok I'll just be talking with my friends!" Hahaha it was the
most awesome thing of all time! Then we got talking about baptism and
she said she wants to start 2017 off with a bang and get baptized in
like January. We told her that she was already very prepared and she
realized that I'll probably be gone and so decided to rethink it! But
she has already picked out what member she wants to baptize her and
everything! Whether I'm here or not, she'll definitely be getting
baptized which makes me super happy 🙃


We visited our family from Honduras this week and they haven't been
coming to church very much so we prepared a lesson for them on the
sacrament. We intended to be up front with them and get our point
across. When it came time to testify, I couldn't remember anything we
had said and the only thing I felt for them was pure love. I started
telling them about the blessings we receive when we obey God's
commandments and the spirit was so strong! Testifying of God's love
for them and for all his children brought tears to all of our eyes
haha and I was so happy. We committed them to sacrament meeting next
week and I'm really excited to see them all there! They've only come
once in all my time here in B3 so the goal is to get them coming
consistently before I leave :) I seriously love them so much though.
It's insane!

Other than that, not too much happened. It was a short week since I
wrote last Wednesday. I don't know if I talked about our Muslim
investigator David yet, but he's from Mali and he came to church for
the first time yesterday and loved it! I don't know how well he
understands the doctrine or Spanish for that matter, but the spirit
worked with him so he had a good time :) he called me this morning to
tell me he's already planning on next week and he wants to meet up
again to learn more! I'm loving it out here and time is getting faster
and faster. The weeks are starting to blur together but it's all good.
I love it :)

Have a great week and Halloween and keep being the awesome,
extraordinary, fantastic people that I know and love :) talk to you
all in a week!!

Con Amor,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment