Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Gallego is a way of life

Fammmmmily,

How we doing?! :) it's good to be back writing the people I love the most :) I'm very much looking forward to telling you all about my experiences in person rather than having to type them up every week haha. At the end of every Monday my thumbs want to fall off from being so sore. I have to ice them before I go to bed! But I'm swell just in case you were wondering :) here's the review.

Tuesday we had interviews with president. I. Love. President. He is one of the people that I most look up to and respect on the whole earth. He knows so much about the gospel and seems to find the perfect balance in life. That's definitely something I want to get when I am at his point in life. We chatted for a solid little while about mission life and the struggles and worries that I had and then he gave me some great counsel. We finished up the interview talking about march madness and how the seeding was looking for conference tourneys. Needless to say, it was a great uplifting experience :) as we were walking out of the room he told me how excited he was to meet my future wife and kids. I was pretty happy and told him I was excited to meet them too haha! It was so good getting to talk with him :)

The Cuban Family passed their interview last Saturday so they will be baptized this week!! I still remember the first time going to their teach them and now to think that they are entering the waters of baptism is just so awesome! We have a lesson with them tonight and we're gonna get the program all figured out and the clothing situation too. During the dad's interview, he started to cry as he talked about his family and how bad he wants to be with them for the rest of his life! I always kinda considered the dad a little bit rougher around the edges but this just proved that he does have a soft spot like everyone else and the gospel is changing him! Just a little bit more about the family... they are 5 people in total and 3 of them will be baptized. They are the parents (Raúl and Yaniet) and then the oldest son (Raúl Jr.) who is 14. The other little kids are Leandro and Lorena who are 4 and 2. They moved from Cuba about a year and a half ago (just like me) and have been in Ferrol the whole time. They have plans to go back and visit their family this summer but I think they are set on living here :) the branch has been treating them well. They already feel like part of the family! We are very excited for this weekend and there will be pictures to come next week :) 

We have also started teaching a man named Javier. He is Spanish and is very interested in our message but isn't sure if God really exists. I like him a lot because he is willing to read the Book of Mormon and pray to God to see if it's true. It's hard to find Spaniards that will actually follow through with their commitments! We have had a couple really solid lessons with him and poco a poco we are helping him learn more and put aside his doubts and develop more faith. Hopefully things keep going well with him! We have also been teaching a lady named Carina from Colombia and she is super awesome too. She said she would be baptized when she knows that this is the true church and she too has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying to see if it's right for her. In the last lesson we had with her, she invited her cousin Jessica over too so we were able to talk to her about her beliefs and she loved the plan of salvation! So hopefully we can keep on finding cool new people to investigate the church :) it's a good time to be a missionary in El Ferrol :) 

We have officially started the last week of the transfer, so we'll see if there are any changes headed our way this Saturday! I'm really enjoying my time with Elder Lowder. We get along great and he is like a long lost high school friend haha! He's a bit timid but he has good intentions and he's taught me a lot. Whether i stay in Ferrol a bit longer or get booted out, I'm so grateful for all the people who have helped me in my time up here! I love the north so much it's not even funny ️ 

Hope you all have a great week, more to come the next 😎 keep it real 💯

Con amor,
elder smit master flex (that's for jed)


No comments:

Post a Comment