Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Richard! What the hecks gotten into you?


Hello from Lion Chavales,



How we doing? This past week it was FREEZING in León. It really made me miss Ferrol and being able to see the ocean every day. And also this past week, I realized just how Spanish that León and Valladolid are. I am definitely serving in the greatest place in the whole mission :) Galicia was a different experience and super fun but nothing compares to giant cathedrals and cobble stone roads everywhere you go! Needless to say, I'm having a blast! My companion is kinda cool too... ;) we have been getting along so great. I love elder kiser. Earlier today we saw 2 super old Spanish dudes walking on the sidewalk with canes and we turned to each other and said "that'll be us one day!" Hahaha but things are great here. And here's why!



So the branch is tiny. We maybe had 30 people on Sunday. It's kinda struggling, but it's got a lot of potential. I'm very excited to see what we can get done here! As far as investigators go, we have a couple people that we are working with that have lots of potential. One lady named Narcisa who just lost her job and now has all the time in the world to meet up with us! Another lady named Elisa who just had a super powerful eye surgery but is now recovering well and has more time to meet :) we've been hitting the streets hard and getting to know lots of new people. I'm confident that we will see miracles and the Lord will guide us to the elect!! León mola :) 



On Monday we had intercambios with the AP's and that was a blast haha. Yesterday we had concilio in Madrid at President and Hermana Pack's house. It's a big meeting where all the leaders get together and talk about changes that we want to make in the mission. They showed us the new Easter video which was soooo beautiful. Prince of Peace. Go watch it on Friday, I'm pretty sure that's when it comes out. But we spent the majority of the time talking about how we can better work with members and learning how to open our mouths and speak with everyone, no matter what the circumstances may be. The spirit was definitely present at the meeting. I'm so grateful for a stud mission president who loves us so much and helps us achieve our missionary purpose!! I just love being a missionary and that's all there is to it. 



I finished the Book of Mormon this week in my studies again :) I love that book and all the principles it teaches. I kneeled down after finishing and did what Moroni asks us to do in chapter 10. As I was praying, I felt the spirit so strongly testify to me that the book is true and we can become closer to our Savior Jesus Christ when we abide by its teachings. I'm grateful the the impact that it has had in my life and I will share it until the day I die!! I can't wait to start it up again and learn something new! 



With General Conference coming up this weekend, I hope that we can all tune out the distractions of the world and tune in to the messages of our prophet and his apostles. I am very excited and have lots of questions that I hope will get answers! I am grateful for a living prophet who leads and guides the church today. Jesus lives. Heavenly Father loves us all. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. The church is true. Soooooooooo true. 



This next week we have more intercambios coming up and a zone conference up in Oviedo! I'm not sure when I'll write again but don't worry about me :) I'm having the time of my life. I love you all and wish you the best this week!! Be safe and know that elder smitherzzzz loves you!!



Con amor,

Elder braids 

No comments:

Post a Comment