Monday, March 6, 2017

Live from La Cusqueña!

Здравствуйте :')

We've had a nice week 😜 it was good to be back in Ferrol without too many distractions and get to work. The rain has been falling like gatos and perros out here!! Gotta love Galicia :) there have been some good moments since the last time we talked, so I'll try to share them briefly! 

Robert is gone! He left to Pamplona to visit family last Friday morning. It was really sad saying goodbye to him but I'm glad he lives so close so we can hang out when I get back! We got him a little going away present and a tie and a note and when he was opening it up and reading the letter, he started to cry and it was the sweetest thing of all time. He's such a good man and I love him. We already have plans for when I get back... they include a big BBQ, hitting the lake for some water skiing, and a Utah vs. Arizona PAC-12 football game!! So even though our time in Spain together is over, we've still got a lot to look forward to when we get home :) 

The Cuban FamBam is doing great! They'll be having their baptismal interviews this Saturday! When we visited them last week, we did a special lesson just on 1 Nefi 8 and the tree of life. I felt like I was teaching life long members, like seriously they knew what everything represented and had a perfect understanding of the importance of holding to the iron rod! They should have taught us! One funny thing did happen during the lesson though... I had some peach rings in my bag that my mom had sent me and they have 2 little kids, one is a 4 year old boy named Leandro and the other is the cutest 2 year old girl named Lorena. Anyways, they were being a little rowdy (typical little kids) and so I pull out the peach rings and give them some in hopes to calm them down and then Leandro just blurts out "Mmhmm...Qué Rico!" Haha it was the funniest thing of all time. Then I showed him the picture of the tree of life and related the peach ring to the fruit on the tree and told him that the white fruit was even tastier than the peach rings and he goes "mamá! Papá! Quiero probar del fruto blanco!" 🙃🍑😏 then the dad was like "how about we all try it together?" YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES BINGOOOOOOO :) it was one of the sweetest teaching moments of my mission. It was too good not to share with all of you! We're happy with them and all the progress they've made! 

Other than that, things are going pretty good. We had a bunch of other lessons this week but nothing too crazy. We have been hitting the streets hard with contacting and lots of door knocking. It is tough but I love it. Eventually we'll find the people that the Lord has prepared :) as for p-day today, we took a nice little hike up to a cool look out point that is like 30 minutes out of Ferrol called "Mirador de Ancos" and it was really pretty! Always nice to enjoy a little bit of the Spanish naturaleza :) 

well, that's all I got! Short and sweet! I love you all, enjoy march madness and have a Zippity-Doo-Dah Day :) 

Con amor,
Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment