Friday, May 12, 2017

#HighBallersCouncil

Hi

First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE WORLDS GREATEST MOTHER IN THE WHOLE WORLD (yesterday)!!!!! I miss you mom and I love you too ❤❤ Hope you had a great day!! Well this past little bit has been filled with pure, sweet, dear missionary work/life and enjoying Spain. I love this country. I love the people. I love the culture. I love everything about it! And here's how the week went! 

So it was a bit crazy as of recently cuz we had District Conference (which is like Stake Conference, but just for districts), interviews with president, lots of train rides, intercambios with the AP's, and Concilio yesterday at President and Hermana Pack's house. So yeah, it was quite the extended weekend!! A bunch of elders had to come down for exchanges and intercambios on Friday night so our piso is like trashed from so many people sleeping there, we did wayyyy too much pillow talking so we are beat tired, and then the traveling back and forth from Madrid didn't help either. We got back to León last night at 12 and had a bowl of cereal then hibernated. Crazy stuff. But with all that being said, I wouldn't trade experiences like these for anything! In district conference, we talked a lot about the importance of going to the temple and sustaining our leaders. Interviews went really well, intercambios all were very smooth, and concilio was super great yesterday. We talked about improving our teaching and lots of other mission related items. I love the Pack's. We saw them on the street Saturday night after the priesthood session of district conference right by the cathedral as they were looking for a bite to eat! Such good people :) we got a selfie with them. 

There's a foreign exchange student here in León from Arizona and she introduced us to one of her friends this week named Ali. Ali literally should be American because she speaks perfect English (with an American accent) and loves everything about the United States. It's super cool Haha but anyways, Ali has a ton of questions about the church! she was pretty blown away that such young kids like us don't do a lot of the worldly things most teenagers here in Spain do. So we taught her a little bit about what we believe in and she totally wants to know more!! She doesn't know for sure if God exists but she wants to believe and that is the best part. In Alma 32:27 it says "But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believelet this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words." Ali has the desire, so we are gonna start with that and see where it takes us! The girl has wicked awesome potential and I'm super excited to be teaching her! 

Other funny/random/cool stuff from this past little bit...
  • I got my residency renewed finally!! I was only 9 months overdue! When the lady looked at my card she was not happy hahaha. It wasn't my fault though!! 
  • Yessenia (our investigator from Honduras) made us fajitas and she did them with home-made tortillas and let me tell you people... they were literally TO DIE FOR 😩 she said she will teach us how to make them. I love latinos. 
  • At Concilio, we were talking about the dress and grooming standards and Hermana Pack started talking about how some of us might put on a bit of weight during our missions. So, she said we need to buy new clothes that fit us better to obey the standards and then President Pack pipes in and said, covering his mouth, "fat guy in a little coat!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA 😂it was the most memorable thing of all time! It literally moved him into the #1 spot on my all time favorite people list! He said Tommy Boy is his favorite movie! I love my mission president so much! 
  • The cool guy Cesar we were teaching moved to Salamanca :/ so we passed him to the elders over there. Hopefully he gets baptized!! 
  • At district conference I saw all of my homies from Valladolid that I literally haven't seen in forever!! I miss that place so much!! I decided that this week that  the area of Castilla y León is my new home (next to Bountiful of course).

Last thought before I finish... this week in studies I came across a verse in 2 Nefi 31:12 that says "wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do." There are so many things that we try to do that the Savior did but yet, there are so many things we do every day that he never did. We mess up a lot. I am so grateful for his atonement and the chance we have to become clean and better every day. I honestly am striving to "do the things which I have seen him do." It's hard and I'm not perfect. But, it doesn't matter as long as I do my best and keep on getting better :) 


I think that's everything I wanted to say for this week!! Sorry it's such a girthy review but sometimes you just gotta get it all out :) today for p-day we went and ate with our friend Brandie (who we are teaching) and another girl who is studying at the University of Washington (Brandie's friend) named Hannah! We went to an old fashioned American restaurant. It was really fun :) thanks for reading this far peeps. Love you all. Cuidaros 😎🏽

No comments:

Post a Comment